In this article, you’ll learn and discover the top 5 herbs that effectively enhance hair growth.
It is impossible to imagine a modern woman without splendid, shiny and dense locks, they give her confidence and make her look more feminine. Hair is the best accessory and if you want to make your strands look always well-groomed and healthy, then you should take care of them.
Locks reflect our lifestyle, health, but there are factors, which affect tresses negatively: hormonal changes, the lack of protein and vitamins, stress, improper hair care (incorrectly selected shampoos, masks, balms, frequent washing), mechanical or chemical exposure (the use of a hairdryer, an iron, the lack of protection from UV rays).
However, even if your strands are thin and brittle, it does not mean that you cannot improve their condition. Nowadays, there is a huge range of different tools for hair growth, it may be either professional products, which reduce hair loss and thicken locks or various herbal remedies. The efficiency of the herbal treatment depends on the mode of application and individual characteristics, of course, the effect has not been proven scientifically, but in practice, there is a positive trend.
Top Five Herbs, Enhancing Hair Growth
There are herbs, which not only accelerate the hair growth but also help tresses to look healthier and denser, the most effective ones are:
Stinging Nettle is very rich in essential elements: manganese, iron, potassium, calcium, iodine, sodium, silicon, and vitamins:
- Vit. C boosts up blood flow, which enriches the skin with oxygen, and, consequently, stimulates hair growth.
- Vitamin A heals minor scalp inflammations.
- K Vitamin provides necessary radiance.
- Carotene moisturizes tresses, normalizes the work of sebaceous glands.
So, it strengthens the hair bulb, relieves irritation, fills hair pores, activates growth and has an anti-inflammatory effect.
Burdock a unique plant, its chemical composition strikes:
- Insulin gives smoothness and gloss to strands.
- The complex of essential oils has a soothing effect on the scalp and removes dandruff.
- Tannins have powerful restorative properties, they prevent hair loss and stimulate growth.
- Stigmasterol regenerates the split ends.
- Protein restores the hair structure.
- Various fatty oils moisturize dry strands, protect against ultraviolet radiation, prevent the rapid contamination of hair.
Thus, the herb prevents hair loss, treats alopecia, regenerates damaged cells, moisturizes the strands, accelerates the growth.
This herbal is a versatile plant, which is suitable for all hair types, it includes the following elements:
- Silicic acid increases the production of collagen, which makes tresses more elastic.
- Ascorbic acid restores brittle strands.
- Oxalic acid acts as an antiseptic.
- Tannins treat dandruff, speed up the growth.
Thereby, the horsetail makes locks thicker and more voluminous, reduces oiliness of the scalp, removes dandruff, adds shine and heals damages on the scalp.
- Rosemary is a curative plant. It incorporates the range of components:
- Essential oils make strands softer.
- Cineole relieves irritation, has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Camphor eliminates peeling.
- Resin prevents the hair aging and stimulates the growth.
So, the rosemary improves blood circulation, fights with premature graying, soothes skin irritation and enhances the growth.
The juice of this plant contains beneficial substances in high concentrations:
- Allantoin gives hydration.
- Various amino acids, which contribute to the regeneration of cells.
- B vitamins strengthen tresses and activate their growth.
- Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant.
- Keratin is a protein that is an important part of the hair.
Hence, the plant removes dryness and itching, regenerates locks and accelerates their growth.
Recipes for Home Remedies
These herbs can be used alone or as part of various masks that you can make at home. However, the fact that herbs do not contain harmful chemicals does not mean that they cannot cause an allergic reaction, so before applying them, it is recommended to check if you are allergic to them.
A decoction of a stinging nettle
Crushed nettle leaves – 1 tbsp.
Crushed nettle root – 1 tbsp.
Water – 200 ml
Mix all ingredients and boil for 30 minutes, then rub the mixture into the scalp. Repeat this procedure twice a week.
Decoction of a burdock root
Finely chopped burdock root – 2 tbsp.
Water – 1 liter
Boil the burdock root in a water bath for 15 minutes, then strain and let the liquid cool down. Rinse hair after each washing.
Horsetail for hair growth (Mask)
Horsetail – 4-5 tbsp.
Water – 3 liters
Yeast – 2 tbsp.
Boil the plant over low heat for 30 minutes, then strain the mixture and add yeast to it, stir and put in a warm place for 20 minutes. The mask is applied to the hair for 45 minutes, then it is rinsed with warm water. The recommended frequency of use is once a week.
Burdock oil – 2 tbsp.
Castor oil – 2 tbsp.
Rosemary oil – 3 drops
Mix oils and apply to hair roots, keep the mask on hair for 40 minutes, then rinse with shampoo. Use the mask not more often than once in ten days.
Mask with Aloe Vera
Aloe juice – 1 tbsp.
Castor oil – 1 tbsp.
Egg yolk – 1 piece
Nettle decoction – 3 tbsp.
Blend all components and apply to hair for 30 minutes, then rinse with warm water. For tangible results do the procedure at least once a week.
Tip: Hair Restore Products
An excellent product to use that contains many of these ingredients mentioned in this article is Hair Restore Products. I recommend this product because my husband and I have used it and have had great success with our hair growth.
So, eliminate stress, add the proper nutrition into your daily life, choose right hair care, reduce the mechanical impact on locks and use herbal remedies, which are usually gentler and less aggressive than their professional analogs for the hair growth. Altogether, these techniques will be the right step towards the dream about healthy, long, shiny and thick hair.
Weekly Featured Products